Based on the AREDS2* study MacuHealth PLUS+ is specifically formulated by eye health experts for those patients already diagnosed with age-related macular degeneration. AREDS2* was published in 2013. Here is what they found:
- AREDS2* demonstrated a statistically significant reduction of 9% in risk of disease progression to advanced AMD for patients receiving two of the three macular carotenoids (lutein and zeaxanthin) when compared with patients not receiving these antioxidants.
- The reduction in concentration of zinc from 80mg to 25mg (as found in MacuHealth PLUS+) did not have an adverse effect on the desirable and observed reduced risk of progression to advanced AMD.
- Pharmaceutical grade dietary supplement
- Formulated for those diagnosed with Age Related Macular Degeneration
- The only eye supplement that contains all three carotenoids (Meso-Zeaxanthin, Lutein and Zeaxanthin) as found in the macular pigment
- Contains 25 mg of Zinc for maximum antioxidant protection
- Clinically Tested and Gluten Free
- Supports and Maintains Eye Health
- Augments Macular Pigment
- Enhances Visual Performance
- May reduce the risk of AMD development and/or progression